Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

So....
Today,
I woke up and caught up on all my laundry =]
I was so glad I got it all done!
Then Garrett and I had date night and it was amazing
we ate dinner, got dessert, and watched
"Diary of a wimpy kid"
It was alright, not to bad.
Us at Knotts celebrating our 1 year anniversary
we like to be goof balls =]

Well I went on FB and found out
my aunt wants to be friends w/ me but
I don't really want her in my life anymore.
It's hard for me to tell her that cause after being reunited
when I was about 12 or 13 I spent every weekend with her
and my cousins. 
But then they moved out of state when I was about 16
Well then there was some legal issues involving my grandparents from my mothers side
and my aunt ( who is my fathers sister)
and ever since things have been a mess with the families
but I never got involved cause I was still kinda young for all of it
Well now I'm older and I know whats going on,
but I never held that against my aunt,
I called her and made lunch plans with her when she was in town...
she bailed on me. no phone call, no text message... nothing
then I called her again the next day, no answer, no call back
then I called her on her birthday this year,
left her a voicemail telling her I'd love to talk to her and happy birthday
nothing.. no call back, no FB message, nothing.
So i deleted her and I came up with the conclusion that I already dealt
with something like this before with my grandma ( my dads mom)
She use to make plans and promises but never followed through.
Well I'm not a kid anymore.
I don't have to forgive just cause she is family.
I'm at the age where if someone isn't treating me right
and not giving me the respect I feel I deserve,
family or not, I don't have to put up with it.
I'm not saying she has to call me every week, don't get me wrong
but hearing from her would be nice.
and not when things are going against her in the court case.
I mean my sister lives out of state and yeah she doesn't answer everytime I call her
and yeah there are periods where we don't talk cause we are busy
dealing with our own lives and problems.
but in the end we have never gone more than a month ( if that)
without talking. 

But now I don't know how to tell my aunt that I don't want her
to be apart of my life.
She was such a huge part of my life for 3 or 4 years
then she just disappeared,
broke plans,
stopped calling, stopped all contact.
ugh......

When your young you always want to be so grown up,
then when you start growing up and your faced
with hard things like this
you kinda wish you were younger
when mom and dad use to stick up and make these decisions for you

No comments:

Post a Comment